What is Vermicompost & How is it prepared?
- The process of cultivating earthworms in order to convert organic waste into fertilizer is called Vermicomposting or Vermiculture. This process is done using various species of worms, usually red wigglers, white worms, and other earthworms, to create a mixture of decomposing vegetable or food waste.?It feeds on the debris, manure, rotten plant parts etc and ferments it.
- The worms feed on the organic waste and produce nutrient-rich manure in the form of excreta. The excreta of earthworms are nutritious and hence the soil becomes fertile.
- They move throughout the soil and loosen the soil. This will allow air circulation to happen inside the soil and the roots get enough space to grow and extend.
- The converted end product or manure is called Vermicompost. This compost will be rich in Nitrogen, Phosphorus and Potassium compared to other composts.
- Vermicompost contains water-soluble nutrients and is an excellent, nutrient-rich organic fertilizer and soil conditioner.
Why choose Rythumitra’s Vermicompost over others?
- Rythumitra’s Vermicompost is prepared over a period of 70-days. It is 100% pure and organic.
- We don’t add leaf compost material or charcoal or coir.
- We go an extra mile in ensuring that it contains plant growth hormones, micronutrients and plant enzymes.
lakshman K (Verified Rythumitra Member) –
rythumitra (store manager) –
Thanks a lot for the feedback.. We see a lot of adulterated Vermicompost in the market and work hard to maintain quality of ours..
Krishna Ch (Verified Rythumitra Member) –
Mahesh Kotagiri (Verified Rythumitra Member) –
BHAVANAM SUBBA REDDY (Verified Rythumitra Member) –
Anonymous (Verified Rythumitra Member) –